Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Some Firsts

Today was a day of firsts for Patrick. Today was the first time since we've started potty training that he stayed dry all day. He was even dry throughout his whole nap. Today he also called me Mommy for the first time instead of Mama or Momma. It made me cry.

While I was thinking about my little guy, I decided to write down some of the funny words he uses, because sooner or later he'll stop using them, and I don't want to forget. So without further ado here are some Patrickisms:

Nunga Nunga= Get or refill my sippy cup NOW!

Whuppas= Glasses that you wear

Bos Bos= Boston

Trains= roller coasters

Boat slides= Log Flume

Cedric his monkey is Ced, and Renee's pink cat is Ced Pink.

Ducks eat quarters. ( he puts the quarters into the machine to get the duck food)

He also refers to himself as Pat Pat.

Renee not to be outdone has been a busy little girl herself. She's learned how to rollover, which is awesome! I have yet to see her do it. I turn around, or look the other way, and over she goes. I just get to see her on her belly. The other day she rolled into the grass. I looked over to see her trying to munch away on some of it looking so pleased with herself. She's also really getting into giggling. She's got a great little chuckle. I'll try to get it on video soon. She also loves the bath, which coincidentally is where most of the giggling happens.

I'll be going back to work soon, and while I'm grateful to have a job in such trying times, I'm really going to miss hanging with my Motley Crew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

la la's for music
vrooms for motorcycles

"ho ho" = his personal joke with gramma

mamamama (even though he doesn't say it anymore *sniff*) for gramma

Beth said...

Thanks for adding them in. I wouldn't have wanted to miss those!